The Total Advantage Program from Mazda could help some buyers with less than perfect credit
Here at Auto Credit Express we want credit-challenged applicants who might qualify for a new, used or certified used bad credit car know that, even though it might be a long shot, they should be aware of a program offered by Mazda.
The program probably won’t apply to many buyers with credit issues because:
1. You have to qualify for a new, used or certified used car (which doesn’t always happen) and
2. They must be Mazda models and you have to qualify for these vehicles at a franchised Mazda new car dealer (which is even less likely).
But the fact is, if both these events happen, Mazda does sell two affordable new cars (and their used and certified used counterparts) that would fit the budgets of many credit-challenged buyers – the subcompact Mazda2 and the compact Mazda3.
The Mazda3 is a recommended car by Consumer Reports and the Mazda2 also received high marks in many areas, although it is too new for CR to predict reliability for a recommendation.
One other feature that buyers with credit problems might want to check out is a relatively new maintenance program offered for both cars by Mazda.
Mazda Total Advantage Program
One area buyers with low credit scores need to pay attention to is vehicle maintenance – since a number of repossessions result from car breakdowns (who wants to continue paying for a vehicle that doesn’t run?).
Last July, Mazda announced that it was launching a new program to customers of new, used and certified pre-owned Mazda vehicles that it is calling the Mazda Total Advantage Program. It involves pre-paying for a program of scheduled maintenance services with the ability to roll the cost of the program into a loan.
According to Mazda, the program offers the “convenience and the value of factory-scheduled maintenance which can result in significant savings over the life of the maintenance plan versus purchasing services separately.”
Mazda outlined these benefits to customers:
• Protect your investment with the value of Genuine Mazda Parts and Mazda trained technicians
• Guard against rising service costs by locking in the cost of vehicle maintenance
• Financing Options – ability to finance the maintenance cost into your monthly payment
• Provides Genuine Mazda parts, including Genuine Mazda Oil*
• Offers factory-scheduled maintenance services to protect potential resale values
*0w-20 synthetic oil included only for applicable models
The Bottom Line
Unforeseen maintenance expenses can be a problem especially if you are on a tight budget financing with a high-risk car loan. By rolling scheduled maintenance expenses into your car payment, you won’t have to put them off because you’re short of cash – just be sure to check the pricing so you’ll know that it will actually save you money.
We also want you to know that Auto Credit Express matches applicants with auto credit issues to new car dealers that can offer them their best chance at getting a car loan approval.
So if you’re ready to reestablish your car credit, you can start now by filling out our online car loans application.