Car Sales For Less Than Perfect Credit
Finding car sales with less than perfect credit
is not as hard as you may think. Many car loans, just like the vehicles they finance, are different in many ways. It doesn't matter if you're financing your first car or this is something you have done loads of times, you should be aware of the rules. You can save hundreds, if not thousands of dollars .
- Know your own strengths and weaknesses
- Automotive finance lenders look at several things in your credit report including how how much information is actually available. More years on your report equals a thicker file, which means more information to base a credit decision. Small amounts of credit or no credit on record are a concern to lenders and can result in a denial of an auto loan. Get your credit report and make sure that everything is reported correctly. This first step is an important step when you start looking at vehicle sales for less than perfect credit.
- Know your FICO Score
- The three digit number, ranging between 300 and 850, is based on your credit report and shows the finance company how you have paid on those accounts in the past. As credit scores increase, loan rates drop and loan terms that are offered lengthen.
|Less Than Perfect Credit Score Ranges |
|FICO Score Under 640 ||Subprime Borrowing Range |
|FICO Score 640 to 720 ||Near Prime Borrowing Range |
|FICO Score 720+ ||Prime Borrowing Range |
|Learn More with your Free Credit Score |
- Decide on the type of vehicle
- New car rates are based on your credit report. Used car loans are based on your credit report as well as the age and mileage of the vehicle. The older the car and the higher the mileage, the shorter the term and the higher the interest rate.
There are a number of things that you can do to find less than perfect car sales
. A great way to reestablish your credit is simply by beginning the auto loan application process.