Although you may be sad that Labor Day weekend marks the end of summer, you may be happy to learn that there are plenty of car deals to be had over the holiday weekend. Labor Day weekend car sales are a tradition, so if you are in the market for a vehicle, you may want to take advantage of some of the great deals being offered this year.
Labor Day weekend is a great time to find new car deals for a few reasons. It's when most of the 2017 model year vehicles have hit or are about to hit showrooms. As a result, manufacturers are looking to sell the outgoing 2016 models to make room. And since most people have the day off, you'll find there is extra shopping time. Finally, dealers are trying to boost sales as they move into the fall season. Labor Day is the only September holiday, so they are eager to get a good start on their monthly sales numbers.
All of this results in a number of deals that you can take advantage of. There are cash back offers, low-APR financing, signing bonuses, and other promotions out there. We've gathered a list of some of the best Labor Day weekend car sales for 2016.
The "Ford Freedom Sales Event" will run until September 6th. The sale offers 0% Ford Credit APR financing for up to 72 months, $1,000 Smart Bonus cash, and $500 Labor Day cash on select models. Note: Smart Bonus cash is only available on the oldest 10% of inventory. However, there are several models where the cash back incentives are even better, such as:
- 2016 Ford Focus: 0% financing for 72 months plus up to $2,000 cash back
- 2016 Ford Fiesta: 0% financing for 72 months plus up to $2,000 cash back
Volkswagen is offering low financing and $500 Labor Day bonus cash on select models this holiday weekend. Certain models will have even higher cash back offers. You'll find good deals to be had on the 2016 Jetta, Jetta Hybrid, and Passat, as well as the 2017 Jetta and Tiguan. Here are two we like:
- 2016 Volkswagen Jetta: 0% financing for 60 months plus up to $1,500 cash back
- 2016 Volkswagen Passat: 0% financing for 60 months plus up to $1,500 cash back
Chevy is hosting their "72 Hour Sale" this Labor Day weekend. Qualified buyers can get 0% APR financing for 72 months on select 2016 Chevrolet models. Also, rebates ranging from $500 and $1,500 are available on certain vehicles.
Nissan's "Bottom Line Summer Event" features low-APR financing, three months of no monthly payments, and bonus cash offers. Specifically, the deals are centered on the 2016 Altima, Maxima, Rogue and Sentra. For example:
- 2016 Nissan Rogue: Qualified shoppers can get 0% financing for 72 months, 90 days of no payments, and $500 bonus cash. Or you can claim a rebate up to $2,000 when buying this SUV.
- 2016 Nissan Altima: 0% financing for 72 months, 90 days of no payments, and $1,000 bonus cash. Conversely, you can opt for a rebate of up to $3,250.
- 2016 Nissan Sentra: 0% financing for 60 months plus $500 bonus cash. Or you can claim a rebate of up to $1,500.
Hyundai is offering various low APR financing, Summer Sales Cash, Retail Bonus Cash, and Valued Owner Coupon offers until September 6th. You can find deals on the 2016 Accent, 2016 Veloster, 2016 and 2017 Elantra, and 2016 and 2017 Sonata and Sonata Hybrid.
You can score some sweet deals on various 2016 models during the "Toyota Annual Clearance" event. Toyota is also offering $1,000 Military Cash to eligible members and veterans. Here are a few of the other deals being offered:
- 2016 Toyota Avalon: Up to $2,500 cash back or 0.0% APR financing for 60-72 months
- 2016 Toyota Camry and Camry Hybrid: Up to $3,000 cash back or 0.0% APR financing for 60-72 months
- 2016 Toyota Corolla: Up to $2,000 cash back or 0.0% APR financing for 60-72 months with $500 bonus cash
The Kia "Top Quality Sales Event" means you'll find 0.0% financing for up to 66 months plus up to $1,000 bonus cash. That offer is valid on select 2016 models such as the Soul, Optima, Forte, and Forte5. You can skip the low financing offer and opt for larger cash back deals. Additionally, Kia is offering a $400 Military Specialty Incentive.
When You Need Auto Financing With Bad Credit
If you are having trouble getting approved for an auto loan due to credit issues, it might be time to try Auto Credit Express. We'll match you with a dealership in your area that will do everything possible to get you approved. Applying is free and it only takes a few minutes of your time. Get started by filling out our secure online application today.