Automotive research and consulting firm AutoPacific has announced their annual Vehicle Satisfaction Awards. The 2017 edition, the 21st iteration, identifies the most satisfying vehicles on the market according to consumers.
AutoPacific 2017 Vehicle Satisfaction Awards
AutoPacific's Vehicle Satisfaction Awards measure how satisfied consumers are with their new cars. The 2017 survey is based on responses from over 54,000 owners of new 2016 and 2017 model year vehicles.
In addition to the experiences of owners, it also measures satisfaction on 49 vehicle attributes, including styling, fuel economy, and interior comfort.
Here are the winners of AutoPacific's 2017 Vehicle Satisfaction Awards:
- Luxury Car: Genesis G90
- Aspirational Luxury Car: Volvo S60/V60
- Luxury Mid-Size Car: Nissan Maxima
- Large Car: Kia Cadenza
- Mid-Size Car: Kia Optima
- Premium Compact Car: MINI Clubman
- Compact Car: Honda Civic
- Economy Car: Nissan Versa
- Sports Car: Porsche 911
- Sporty Car: Dodge Challenger
- Light Duty Pickup: Nissan Titan
- Heavy Duty Pickup: Ford F-Series Super Duty
- Compact Pickup: Honda Ridgeline
- Luxury SUV: Lincoln Navigator
- Large SUV: GMC Yukon XL
- Mid-Size SUV: Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Premium Luxury Crossover SUV: Porsche Cayenne
- Luxury Crossover SUV: Lexus RX
- Large Crossover SUV: Ford Flex
- Premium Mid-Size Crossover SUV: Nissan Murano
- Mid-Size Crossover SUV: Nissan Rogue
- Compact Crossover SUV: Kia Sportage
- Minivan: Chrysler Pacifica
In addition to these categories, Lincoln was awarded Most Satisfying Premium Brand, edging out Cadillac and Genesis. GMC won top honors for Most Satisfying Popular Brand. Topping things off, the Genesis G90 logged the highest Vehicle Satisfaction Awards score ever as it won the Most Satisfying Vehicle Overall award.
The Two Most Affordable Options
Here at Auto Credit Express, we help consumers dealing with credit issues find car loans. In the process, we have always advised bad credit car buyers to choose an affordable vehicle. Affordable cars not only come with smaller price tags, they also typically allow you to save on interest, gas and insurance.
With that in mind, we wanted to highlight the two most affordable Vehicle Satisfaction Award winners.
2017 Honda Civic (sedan)
- Starting MSRP: $19,615 (includes $875 destination and handling charge)
- Fuel Economy: EPA-estimated 31 miles per gallon in the city, 42 on the highway, and 35 combined (base engine, manual transmission)
Dubbed the Most Satisfying Compact Car by AutoPacific, the 2017 Honda Civic is a great overall car. It's got great handling, it's stylish, it's roomy, and it offers both excellent gas mileage and safety ratings.
While it isn't the cheapest, the Civic is a standard-setter in the compact car segment.
2017 Nissan Versa (sedan)
- Starting MSRP: $12,875 (includes $885 destination and handling charge)
- Fuel Economy: EPA-estimated 27 miles per gallon in the city, 36 on the highway, and 30 combined (base engine, manual transmission)
The Nissan Versa sedan is the least expensive 2017 model on the market. So, if you're dealing with a tight budget, you'll definitely want to give the winner of AutoPacific's Most Satisfying Economy Car award a look.
The 2017 Versa isn't equipped with a lot of bells and whistles, but, for the class, it boasts a spacious cabin, generous trunk, and solid safety and reliability ratings.
The Bottom Line
AutoPacific's 2017 Vehicle Satisfaction Awards help consumers find vehicles in each segment that owners consider satisfying to own, making it a useful shopping tool.
Speaking of helpful car-shopping tools, Auto Credit Express is a valuable resource for consumers with bad credit who need a car loan. Our fast and free service connects credit-challenged car buyers to local special finance dealerships that will do everything possible to get them approved.
You can be next if you start by filling out our car loan request form.