In addition to a bad credit auto loan the American Financial Services Association offers eight ways to raise your FICO score in 2011
Credit repair and you
Here at Auto Credit Express we never kid around when it comes to bad credit car loans or other ways improving your credit scores so that the next time you need an auto loan you can get the best financing possible. In fact, after seeing the embarrassment and frustration that customers with bad credit often face from dealers that don’t deal in second chance auto loans, we even designed a web site that features a bad credit auto loan application. We then match up these applicants with local dealers that do specialize in customer credit issues.
The alternative of buying from a tote the note dealer can be a problem because normally these dealers don’t report loans or payments to the credit bureaus and these loan can also result in a greater chance of repossession.
But in addition to a bad credit auto loan, there are a number of things that you can do to improve your credit scores.
Tips from AFSAEF
According to Susie Irvine, president and CEO of the American Financial Services Association Education Foundation, “Sometimes the hardest part is getting started. Taking small steps can yield significant results.”
Here, then, are the financial tips from AFSA:
1. Keep track of your spending for at least one month to realize where your money is going. This exercise will help you identify unnecessary spending. Use your findings to create a realistic budget for the New Year, and review your budget monthly.
2. Pay yourself. Designate a fixed amount of money from each paycheck to automatically transfer into a savings account or 401k.
3. Collect change. This tried and true practice can provide you with a significant amount of money that you can deposit into a savings account or use to pay off balances.
4. Obtain a copy of your credit report at annualcreditreport.com and review it to know where you stand.
5. Comparison shop. In today’s economy, it is more important than ever to compare offers and allow extra time to make the best decision possible.
6. Take advantage of automatic bill pay for loan payments, utilities, etc. to avoid missed payments and late fees.
7. Make a commitment to pay more than the minimum payment on your credit cards if you cannot pay in full. Whether you pay an additional $5 or $50 each month, this strategy will help you pay off balances more quickly.
8. Take advantage of free online financial education resources such as www.afsaef.org, www.ftc.gov/consumer, and www.mymoney.gov.
The Bottom Line
It’s time to start taking charge of your finances . By following this advice, you could be well on your way to a financially healthier and happier 2011.
Speaking of credit repair, Auto Credit Express has helped thousands of people with bad credit buy cars and reestablish their car credit at the same time. Our nationwide network of affiliate dealers specializes in bad auto credit.
So if you are serious about getting your credit back on track, you can begin the process right now by filling out our secure online bad credit car loan application.
Get your free credit score now! Get a copy of your most recent credit score.
Are you paying too much on auto insurance? Compare rates in your area and save.