Did you forget to get a Father’s Day gift? Don’t panic. There’s still time to show your dad how much you care by doing something nice for his other pride and joy: His Car.
For little or no money, you can bestow a car-related Father’s Day gift that your dad will appreciate much more than a tie or a gym membership.
Easy Ideas for a Car-Related Father’s Day Gift
You may have some fond memories of your dad driving you to exciting places on family road trips. Or, maybe he took you to countless Little League games, band rehearsals or dance practices in that trusted vehicle that you remember so well. Celebrate those memories and all of the things that your dad has done for you by showing his current Dad-Mobile a little love this year.
- Wash your dad’s car. Of course you’ll never do it as well as he can, but he will be proud of you for trying. So, get out there with some soap and a bucket, or, if you want to spend a little more, get your dad a gift certificate to have his car detailed by a professional.
- Fill ‘er up. Did you ever borrow your father’s car and return it with a near-empty gas tank? Say you’re sorry by actually topping off your dad’s tank or getting him a gift card for a local gas station. You can even include a card that says something like, “Thank you, Dad, for making my heart full,” or “Dad, my life would be empty without you.” Or, don’t.
- Have the oil changed and the tires rotated. Give your father one less thing to worry about by taking care of some routine auto maintenance needs. You can take the Dad-Mobile to his favorite garage, or, if you are mechanically-inclined, you can impress him by doing these things yourself.
- Take your dad for a drive. If your father still lives in the neighborhood where you grew up (or close), you can literally take a trip down memory lane and visit some familiar places. Stop for a picnic by the pond where you caught your first fish, or have an ice cream cone at the place he always took you when you were a kid. The most important thing is to show the most special man in your life that you still cherish all of the fun things you’ve done together.
- Sign a safety pledge. If you are a young and inexperienced driver, your pops probably worries about you non-stop. Even if you’re 40, he probably STILL thinks of you as a young and inexperienced driver. So, let him sleep a little better at night by composing a contract stating that you pledge to never use a cell phone while driving, and that you promise to actually follow all of his wise driving advice. Sign your “contract” and present it in a fancy envelope.
Hint: If you happen to have a friend who is a lawyer or a notary public, have this person sign their name next to yours to make your pledge look extra official.
More than the gift or gesture, your dad will cherish the thought behind your car-related Father’s Day gift. Just by sharing a little time and maybe a little elbow grease, you can say Thank You to the supremely awesome guy who made you who you are today.
Following Dad’s Advice
If you have bad credit and need to buy a car, your father wants you to do the thing that makes the most sense. In this case, that means getting approved for a bad credit auto loan so you can purchase the vehicle that will get you to work or school, while fixing your credit at the same time.
It’s such a win-win, and your dad will be so proud of you for thinking of it all on your own (we won’t tell). And Auto Credit Express can make bad credit auto financing easy and hassle-free by matching you with a dealership near you that has connections to the right kinds of lenders. Our service costs nothing, and our secure online application is simple to complete. Go ahead and start today.
Get your free credit score now! Get a copy of your most recent credit score.
Are you paying too much on auto insurance? Compare rates in your area and save.