Nothing can be more crucial in handling an accident than the first few moments afterwards. Here at Auto Credit Express, we want you to be safe from any mistakes made after an accident. Since we just helped you purchase your new car with bad credit auto financing, we certainly don't want anything to happen to you or your family. But we know accidents do happen. So here is a list of a few do's and don'ts that will save you time and keep you safe from breaking any laws.
- Do call 911 to report the accident, even if it's a minor one because injuries may not be apparent at first, but can have bad repercussions later. Also, without a police report, it will be your word against the other driver's
- Do exchange insurance and contact information with the other persons involved.
- Do take pictures of any damage done to your vehicle
- Do make a diagram of the events of the accident including any landmarks around you while it's fresh in your mind
- Don't panic – just stay calm and call for help
- Don't leave the scene of the accident or allow other parties to leave
- Don't lose your cool; yelling at the other persons involved will never solve anything or make the situation better
- Don't wait to call your insurance company or lawyer, the longer you wait the harder it is to prove your case
As We See It
Even when accidents don't happen, we know that eventually everyone needs to buy a newer vehicle. Don't let your bad credit keep you in an automobile that cannot protect you or your family in the event of an accident. Complete our easy online application and our friendly representatives will find dealers in your local area that will be happy to work with you and finance a newer vehicle for you. Apply today!