Being cut off, slow drivers and even heavy traffic can cause even the most patient person to be frustrated and cross. However one dangerous path to take is that of road rage. It can often cause us to be distracted and make poor judgments. We just helped you purchase your vehicle with an auto loan for bad credit, so the last thing we want is for you to endanger yourself or others on the road.
Judith Parker Harris, a motivational speaker, has found road rage to be something that we all experience from time to time; I think we can all agree. But what can you do to calm down and make wiser choices while in the driver seat? Judith has many methods that help you to redirect your anger and end up with a lighter mood.
- Admit how you feel- mad, enraged, nervous, etc.
- Turn on your favorite song and sing along.
- Sing out loud what you would normally shout. Yes, sing. You're likely to end up laughing at your self.
- Pledge to do something you've put off for a long time.
- Think of something you loved to do as a child and picture your self doing it again
- Think of the worst case scenario that involves driving badly and remind yourself of the consequences.
- Remember that you are worth driving safely!
Okay, so maybe there isn't a set way to stop road rage, but there are certainly many ways to help calm yourself down when you do become upset with other drivers and traffic. The most important thing to remember is that you and your loved ones are worth a safe driver and arrival.
As We See It
Battling road rage can be as difficult as purchasing a vehicle. That's why here at Auto Credit Express we do our best to help guide you through the process. Start with our easy online application, and we'll find a dealer local to you. They'll be happy to help you into an affordable and reliable automobile that will get you from point A to point B safely. Apply today!