We narrow down KBB.com's SUV Central vehicle guide to the new SUVs that we think are the five best picks for car buyers with bad credit.
With the SUV auto segment booming, Kelley Blue Book's expert editors have created a hub on KBB.com called SUV Central: Your Guide to Going Bigger. This guide provides car buyers with helpful insights they can use when choosing their next SUV. It's especially helpful because subcompact SUVs have grown into a bona fide segment almost overnight, while small luxury SUV sales overall are increasing at a rapid rate. The highlights of Kelley Blue Book's SUV Central are:
- Helpful groupings of content based on SUV size and price point, with categories including Compact and Subcompact SUVs, Midsize SUVs, Full-Size SUVs and Luxury SUVs. The editors also included a More SUVs category, which features additional KBB.com content that SUV shoppers may find useful.
- Content highlighted for the compact and subcompact SUV category includes: KBB.com's Subcompact SUV Comparison Test, Compact SUV Buyer's Guide, Small SUV Best Buy of 2016, 10 Best SUVs Under $25,000 and 10 Most Affordable SUVs lists.
- Content highlighted for the midsize SUV category includes: KBB.com's Midsize SUV Buyer's Guide and the Midsize SUV Best Buy of 2016.
- Content highlighted for the full-size SUV category includes: model-specific information about the Chevrolet Tahoe, which is KBB.com's Full-Size SUV Best Buy of 2016, as well as information about other full-size SUV models including the Ford Expedition, GMC Yukon, Nissan Armada and Toyota Sequoia.
- Content highlighted for the luxury SUV category includes: KBB.com's Small Luxury SUV Buyer's Guide, Midsize Luxury SUV Buyer's Guide, Small Luxury SUV Comparison Test and 10 Best Luxury SUVs list.
- Content highlighted under the More SUVs category includes KBB.com's 10 Most Fun SUVs, 10 Best All-Wheel Drive Vehicles Under $25,000, 10 Most Affordable 3-Row Vehicles and 16 Best Family Cars of 2016 lists.
This guide is a great resource for all consumers - not just for buyers out there with great credit. Some parts of this guide could be also be useful to car buyers who have damaged credit, looking for a larger, family-sized vehicle.
Affordable Compact and Subcompact SUVs for Bad Credit Car Buyers
Here at Auto Credit Express, we've chosen what we consider to be the best five new compact and subcompact SUVs listed, from lowest to highest starting MSRP:
MPG: 24 city/31 hwy
If you're looking for a fun vehicle to traverse on and off-road terrain, the Renegade may be for you. The unique styling, lively handling and 160-horsepower turbocharged four-cylinder engine make it stand out in a crowd. However, if you're looking for something more practical, our next choice may be more up your alley.
MPG: 25 city/34 hwy
A sensible subcompact, the HR-V boasts a fuel efficient engine, plenty of cargo room and gives you the power and comfort you need to deal with everyday city traffic. If you're looking for something reliable, you can't go wrong with this one - J.D. Power has rated it 4 out of 5 for reliability.
MPG: 26 city/35 hwy
This is another great choice for those looking for some driving excitement. The CX-5's nimble handling and precise steering make it a great choice for those travelling on more adventurous roads.
MPG: 23 city/31 hwy
With a spacious (for its size), quiet cabin, the Tucson offers a comfortable ride as well as exemplary safety ratings and good fuel economy.
MPG: 26 city/33 hwy
With excellent fuel economy, plenty of room for cargo and a comfortable and roomy interior, the CR-V may be what you're looking for. Among standard offerings are features such as Bluetooth and Pandora compatibility that allows users to enjoy their favorite music from their smartphones. It may not be as sporty as some of its competitors, but it has the power to get you where you need to go.
Financing the Best Car for You
Speaking of where you need to go, Auto Credit Express connects car buyers with auto dealers who work with lenders that are experts in bad credit auto financing. Our nationwide network of dealers will do everything possible to get you approved and into the car you need, fast.
All you need to do is complete our online application - it's fast, secure and free. From there, we'll match you with a dealer in your local area that can provide you with the best chance of being approved. Start today, and you could be back on the road before you know it!