In hopes of capitalizing on the fact that 2016 happens to be a presidential election year, American auto manufacturer Chrysler has launched a new "Presidential" Marketing campaign, featuring actors Martin Sheen and Bill Pullman.
Both Sheen and Pullman have played fictional U.S. presidents in the past. Martin Sheen earned an Emmy® nomination for his portrayal of President Josiah Bartlett in the critically acclaimed television series, "The West Wing." Bill Pullman is recognized by many for his role as President Thomas J. Whitmore in the summer movie blockbuster, "Independence Day."
So, it makes sense that both actors appear in the new Chrysler ads as fictional former presidents, and the commercials will be delivering a decidedly patriotic message.
Speaking of Patriotism, cars and elections, if you are in the market to buy a car this year, which American vehicle brand will you be voting for with your hard-earned dollars?
To Which "Party" Does Your American Vehicle Brand Belong?
To simplify matters, the "parties" and "electable candidates" have been narrowed down to the "Big 3" American auto manufacturers and a few of their most popular and affordable brands. Have you sworn allegiance to a particular manufacturer or a specific American vehicle brand? Or is there a possibility that you could be wooed by a "dark horse" candidate?
Ford is known for producing the F-150 truck, which has been the best-selling vehicle in the United States for the past 32 years and the best-selling pickup for 43 years. However, they also manufacture more affordable vehicles that have earned favorable reviews and high customer satisfaction ratings.
- The Fiesta: This subcompact car offers nimble handling, excellent fuel economy and a surprising amount of high-tech options.
- The Focus: Available as a hatchback or sedan, this compact car has been praised for its athletic handling and high-quality interior.
- The Fusion: Considered a midsize vehicle, the Fusion gets incredible gas mileage and boasts a contemporary interior. A turbocharged engine is available as an option.
The Chevrolet Division of General Motors Company is known for making a few cars that are popular among buyers who are looking for an affordable, yet reliable option. Out of the available models, the Chevy Spark comes with the lowest price tag, but if the Spark is just too small for your driving needs, there are more traditional vehicles to consider.
- The Cruze: This Chevrolet classic was redesigned for 2016, and now features boldly sculpted lines. You will also find a roomier interior and a more powerful engine.
- The Malibu: The Malibu was also redesigned for 2016, and this midsize car has been noted for offering spacious rear seats, good trunk space and a user-friendly infotainment system.
- The Impala: If you require a larger vehicle, the Impala may be a good option for you. It comes with a luxurious and roomy cabin, dependable handling and an optional V6 engine.
Fiat merged with Chrysler in 2014, and Fiat Chrysler (FCA) is now the world’s seventh largest automaker. Known for producing Dodge/Ram trucks, the Jeep brand, and for inventing the minivan, the company also manufactures some very reasonably priced vehicles. This is good news for the average car buyer who may not want to shell out the asking price for an Alpha Romeo, a Ferrari or a Maserati.
- The Dodge Dart: This compact car has earned favorable reviews for its agile handling and responsive steering. Test drivers have also noted that the Dart offers a comfortable ride at all trim levels.
- The Chrysler 200: Classified as a midsize car, the interior of the 200 is crafted with premium materials. The handling has been described as "poised," and the infotainment system is "intuitive."
- The Fiat 500: If you are looking for a tiny sedan with limited seating in back, the Fiat 500 might be right for you. The 500 looks great with its distinctive styling and offers formidable fuel economy.
Don't see your American vehicle brand listed? You are always at liberty to select a "write-in" candidate. But no matter which brand earns your purchasing "vote," it is a good idea to get your auto financing taken care of ahead of time.
The Freedom to Be Approved
If you need to purchase a new or used car, but are worried that your credit issues will prevent you from getting approved for an affordable auto loan, Auto Credit Express can help. Even if you have severely damaged credit, we can connect you with a local dealer who is qualified to handle your situation. Our service is absolutely free, and our process is simple.
All you need to do to get started is fill out our easy and 100% secure online application. The only thing you have to lose is another day without a car.