Veterans Day is a time to honor and be thankful for those who've fought for our freedom. Many businesses and companies show their appreciation by offering special discounts, freebies, and incentives to US military veterans, active duty service members, and their families.
Veterans Day Deals and Discounts
Veterans Day is a day to thank, honor, and remember our military veterans for the service they provide and sacrifices they make. Many restaurants, clothing retailers, department stores, and hotels offer deals, as do various hair cut, car wash, and oil change establishments. Veterans and military members can also get free entry to federal, state, local, and national parks during the holiday. You can check out an extensive list of Veterans Day deals on military.com.
The auto industry is no different. Almost every automaker expresses their thanks with military discount programs. It's also possible your local dealership is running its own Veterans Day sale. With Veterans Day falling on Saturday this year, the designated federal holiday is today, Friday, November 10. We'd expect this to contribute to increased visits to car dealers over the weekend.
2017 Veterans Day Car Sales and Military Discounts
Veterans, active duty, and retired US military personnel can take advantage of these automaker military discounts this Veterans Day:
- Ford - The Ford Military Discount offers $500 bonus cash to eligible participants.
- General Motors - The GM Military Discount Program unlocks a discount on eligible new Chevrolet, Buick, and GMC vehicles. Visit gmmilitarydiscount.com to get an authorization number to bring with you to the dealer to save.
- FCA - FCA brands offer a $500 cash rebate on eligible new Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep and Ram models to military members and their families.
- Toyota - Toyota offers $500 incentive to eligible US military personnel, but you have to finance through Toyota Financial Services.
- Honda - When you finance or lease through Honda Financial Services, eligible buyers can get $500 off any 2017 or newer Honda vehicle thanks to their Military Appreciation Offer.
- Kia - Kia offers a $500 incentive for qualified members of the Armed Forces or Reserves.
- Hyundai - Active duty, reservist/National Guard, veterans, and retired US military members can get $500 off eligible new Hyundai vehicles.
- Nissan - The Nissan Military Program allows military personnel to save between $500 and $1,000 depending on the vehicle they choose.
- Mazda - Mazda offers $500 Military Appreciation Bonus Cash toward the purchase or lease of a new vehicle.
- Subaru - Subaru offers a special discount only to active duty US military personnel. Qualified buyers will save between $1,300 and $3,300 off MSRP, depending on which vehicle you chose.
- Mitsubishi - Mitsubishi is offering the hardworking men and women of the military a $500 rebate on select models. Their partner Ally Financial is throwing in another $250 in Down Payment Assistance to customers who qualify.
Always check the fine print, but most of these offers can be used on top of existing cash back and low-APR financing incentives, allowing military buyers to unlock even more savings. Make sure you know the eligibility requirements and which vehicles are included as well.
Financing for Those Struggling with their Credit
If you're a veteran, retiree, or active military member looking to finance a car, but your credit is holding you back, Auto Credit Express may be able to help. We connect car buyers dealing with credit issues to local special finance dealerships that know how to handle unique situations.
Our service is free and it doesn't put you under any obligation, so you have nothing to lose. Get started by completing our quick and easy auto loan request form right now.