The Fourth of July brings a number of things to mind—fireworks, family, friends, cookouts, and American independence. But if you're in search of a new set of wheels you should know that Independence Day is also a great time to car shop. Almost every automaker rolls out deals on new cars around the Fourth of July, and some of the rebates being offered are well worth checking out.
Traditionally, the July 4th Holiday is one of the biggest car shopping events of the year, with sales and rebates coming from numerous automakers and dealers. This year we may not see as many deals as we have in the past – we certainly didn't on Memorial Day, another major vehicle shopping time – but there are still some great discounts you could take advantage of.
Most car manufacturers offer incentives around holidays, and the Fourth of July is no different. They do this, in part, because many buyers get the day off and have more time to shop. In the past, dealers were eager to clear space on their lots because the new models begin arriving about this time, something they don't have to worry about as much this year, with low inventories just beginning to build.
If you are looking to buy a new car, shopping around Independence Day is one of the best times to do so. There are normally plenty of deals being offered, from generous cashback rebates to low APR financing. While you will need to qualify for any low-interest offers, you can take advantage of the cash-back deals even if you have credit problems.
4th of July Deals in 2023
Be aware that even with 4th of July savings, you may not see the prices or interest rates as low as you'd like. Lack of inventory, and other supply chain issues, are still slowing new vehicle production, and many automakers haven't dropped their interest rates this year.
Even though inventory is growing, ongoing shortages since the pandemic are forcing many buyers to place custom orders, face dealer markups, or turn to used cars, which is, in turn, driving up prices. So, while there may not be as many deals on as many brands as we're classically used to, a number of manufacturers are still offering discounts this holiday season.
Here are some of the best deals we've found, courtesy of our sister site CarsDirect:
- The 2023 RAM 1500 and RAM 1500 Classic are currently benefiting from one of the biggest rebates around. This deal allows for 10% off MSRP on the popular full-sized trucks. These deals are trim-specific and you may have to shop to find the model you want in stock. This deal currently runs through July 5, and may also stack with some dealer discounting.
- Right now, the 2023 Audi e-tron EV could qualify for up to $10,000 off MSRP. According to dealer incentive bulletins, this deal is a Customer Credit for the Summer of Audi sales event through July 31st. This incentive is available when buying or leasing and applies to both the e-tron SUV and Sportback models.
- This Fourth of July makes a perfect time to buy or lease a new 2023 Ford Edge. buyers could qualify for 0% APR for 60 months through July 5th. You can stack this with $1,500 in Ford bonus cash. If you prefer to lease, some states like California are seeing up to $2,000 in lease cash on a 2023 model. Check with your dealer to see what's available near you.
- The new 2023 Nissan Titan is also showing some good deals this month, both for new buyers and returning customers as well. through July 5 you could qualify for 0% APR on a 2023 Titan in select trims. Plus, if you finance through NMAC you get an extra $1,000 in bonus cash. If you're a returning Nissan or Infiniti owner or lessee you could also qualify for an additional $1,500 loyalty discount. That's $2,500 on top of the 0% financing if you qualify.
The deals listed may vary by region, and those listed here are based on California. Contact your local dealership to see what offers you may qualify for.
How Can I Find My Best Deal?
According to Kelley Blue Book, the average new car was going for $48,008 as of March 2023. This has left many shoppers hoping for holiday savings to lighten the blow. Since July 4 saving may not be all that you hoped for when you have bad credit, there are still other ways you can save on a new car. Here are three tips on finding the best deal for your situation.
- Don't shop for the most popular cars. The most popular vehicles cost the most, so to get a better price it pays to look at less popular makes and models. These vehicles are more likely to be in stock so you may be able to get a better deal.
- Opt for a certified pre-owned vehicle. If you're not set on a new car, you can typically save some money by shopping for a CPO. These are the cream of the crop when it comes to used cars, and they usually sell for less than their new counterparts.
- Flexibility is key. In today's auto market where prices are rising across the board, you may have to place a custom order to get the features you want in a car. And, sometimes key features aren't available now due to current chip shortages. To get the best deal on a vehicle today, remember to be flexible on things like paint color, options, and trim levels.
Finding your best deal may take a little work, but there are plenty of ways you can find the best deals for July 4, and all year long, it just takes a little research, and the right combination of dealers and lenders to fit your situation.