Buy Now Pay Later Car Loan

There are a number of advantages to getting a buy now pay later car loan from a buy here pay here car lot. With this type of loan, you get financing directly from the dealer and there is no credit check. But while these dealers have helped many people finance a car, they may not be the best choice for a bad credit car loan.

What is a buy here pay here dealer?

Here at Auto Credit Express, when it comes to financing cars, we have seen it all. But for those people who are unfamiliar with what a buy here pay here dealer is, the term refers to a car dealer where you can not only buy a car, but a dealership where you can finance it, right there, with money that you actually borrow from the dealer instead of a bank, credit union or finance company.

Many customers in the market for a car – especially if they have bad credit – start by going to one of these dealers, thinking that they have no choice other than a buy now pay later car loan. These customers think that because of their FICO score, no regular car dealer will be able to get them approved for a loan. In many cases, this may be true.

Low income, short job time, no credit history

For many customers that have a low income, say $500 per month, a short time on the job – maybe 3 weeks – and no credit history, the chances of getting financed at a regular dealer are pretty slim. For these customers, a buy here pay here lot may be the only way that they can finance a car. But many people who believe that a “buy here pay here” arrangement is their only option may be surprised at the number of other opportunities for financing that they really have.

Give Auto Credit Express a try before resorting to a buy here pay here dealer

The big advantage of buy here pay here lots is the fact that they don’t require credit checks. But this also means that, in most cases, repaying this type of loan does not help your credit – since many of these lots don’t report your good payment history to the credit bureaus.

Since 1999, Auto Credit Express has been helping people with credit problems get approved for new and used car loans. Our nationwide network of dealers work with a wide array of lending companies to get you approved. These loans require a credit check, but once you are approved, each month that you make a car payment you are taking one more step in rebuilding your credit score and reestablishing your financial future.

So if you need to buy a car and think that your only option is a “buy here pay here” dealer, visit our web site at Let us explain the benefits of getting financed through us. Our web site has calculators and a resource page that will help walk you through the process, while our secure online car credit application can be filled out in the comfort and privacy of your home. Visit us and see what we can do for you.

Posted on June 6, 2008 by in Used Cars
Reader Comments

7 Responses to Buy Now Pay Later Car Loan

1. Daniel Van Auken says:

I went threw a volunter repo about 2 years ago and on my credit it shows i owe nothing but i also have a few other loose ends out there. I probally owe about 4000 dollars in other misc stuff on my credit. I have a new job i started about 5 months ago and my monthly gross income is 1900-2300 dollars. My vehicle now is getting ready to go belly up. I need a car loan could you help. And i also live in grandrapids MI.

2. shanel says:

My car is under Chatper 13 currently, and its recenttly started giving alot of problems that I can not pay for, my question is while on chatper 13 will I be able trade in my current vehcile for a more reliable vehcile.

3. Steve Cypher says:

In order to take on additional debt during a Chapter 13, you need to contact the trustee, explain your situation. If the trustee agrees that you can apply for this debt, he/she will petition the court for an “order to incur additional debt.” You will need to find out what your budget is from the trustee, then find a dealer who has a lender that will work with people who are currently in bankruptcy. By filling out the application at, we can help you find that dealer – but remember, you first need to contact the trustee to see of buying a car at this time is even possible for you.

4. Cindy says:

I have 8 months to go on a Chapter 13 BK. We have to turn in our leased vehicle in November and I cannot find someone to lend the money to purchase this vehicle. We would also get a $2500 credit from Chrysler for another vehicle which would help reduce payment also. Can you help us?

5. Steve Cypher says:

I have been unable to locate a subprime lender that will finance a vehicle that you are currently leasing while you’re currently in a Chapter 13. With 8 months to go in your Chapter 13, is there any possibility of getting Chrysler Credit to extend the lease until your bankruptcy is discharged? Even though you may still find it difficult to find a subprime lender to loan you money to purchase your current vehicle at that time, it will be much easier finding a subprime lender willing to approve any loan request you make once your Chapter 13 is discharged. Also, concerning the $2,500 credit from Chrysler, is that a credit towards the purchase or lease of another Chrysler vehicle (or any other type of vehicle) through Chrysler Credit or just what is it?

6. diane edwards says:

I have a year left on my chapter 13. I do not have a vehicle and it has become a struggle everyday to make it without one. I have always purchased my vehicles in the past from tote the note lots and the only time that I have ever purchased anything on credit was other than my home was co-signing for a relative that burned me by not making the notes. I worked 2 jobs to pay for her vehicle and mine for a year and a half. Now, my vehicle has been totoaled in an accident and I need something now that is dependable and has low milage and gets good gas milage. Can you help me get a loan?

7. Steve Cypher says:

An open chapter 13 is a challenge for most lenders. Very few banks are willing to extend an auto loan to someone under these circumstances. Those that do require a letter from the trustee stating what kind of payment you should be able to budget for (according to the courts) and possibly stipulations to any loan they may let you have. Based on those requirements, the bank may or may not extend credit. If they do you are going to pay a higher interest rate and also are going to need money down. We may have some options for you but those options are quite limited.

Apply Online Apply on Phone Search