Having a teenager on the road can be scary for a parent. You want the safest car for your teen driver, but sometimes the latest and greatest vehicles can be pricey. The good news is you don’t have to spend lots of money, as there are many safe, reliable used cars that won’t break the bank.
Best Cars for Teen Drivers
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) recommends that a vehicle be equipped with as many safety features as possible for new drivers. But, if you’re on a tight budget or dealing with bad credit, it can be tough to find a car that’s just as safe and reliable as the newest models.
So, what vehicle do you buy for a young driver? According to the IIHS, these are the best used cars for your teen driver, separated by segment:
- 2007 Volvo S80: $4,834 fair purchase price
- 2013 Infiniti M37: $18,136 fair purchase price
- 2011 Kia Optima: $7,732 fair purchase price
- 2014 Chevrolet Malibu: $12,304 fair purchase price
- 2014 Toyota Camry: $12,735 fair purchase price
- 2013 Subaru Legacy: $12,048 fair purchase price
- 2013 Ford Fusion: $9,876 fair purchase price
- 2015 Honda CR-V: $17,125 fair purchase price
- 2014 Nissan Rogue: $13,794 fair purchase price
- 2015 Ford Edge: $18,432 fair purchase price
- 2010 Ford Flex: $11,360 fair purchase price
- 2015 Nissan Pathfinder: $18,055 fair purchase price
- 2009 Chevrolet Traverse: $8,151 fair purchase price
- 2008 GMC Acadia: $7,990 fair purchase price
Getting the Safest Car for Your Teen
Parents want what’s best for their kids, and that includes a safe first car. Unfortunately, we can’t always afford the newest vehicles and technology. But you can still get a great reliable first car for your teen – you just need to do some research.
At the same time, if you’re looking for a reliable used vehicle – whether for your new driver or not – but your credit is holding you back, Auto Credit Express wants to help. We work with a nationwide network of dealers that have the lending resources available to get you the financing you need. Get started by filling out our free, online auto loan request form today.