Ranking number one in the automotive category in the Brand Keys Customer Loyalty Index is an impressive achievement. So, the fact that Hyundai has occupied this top spot for seven years is nothing short of amazing. It seems that once a person buys a Hyundai, there is a good chance that this individual will be a Hyundai owner for life.
Robert Passikoff, the founder and president of Brand Keys, had this to say about the car company's success:
"Psychologists say that seven years is a mark that a friendship will last a lifetime. It's also the seventh year in a row that Hyundai has been named #1 in our customer loyalty and engagement index. When you're a brand that can build that kind of emotional engagement, and a company that can build cars that meet high expectations, you can count on customers being your friends for a long, long time. We congratulate Hyundai for the great job they've done and will undoubtedly continue to do."
It is hardly surprising that loyalty is something that Hyundai is very serious about, and in turn, customers are very serious about their Hyundai vehicles.
How Hyundai Has Won Customer Loyalty
For Hyundai, success didn't just happen overnight. In fact, the brand was met with much skepticism when it came to the U.S. in 1986. It took years for these modestly priced vehicles to gain traction among consumers. Ranking Hyundai at number 13 on their 2015 list of best and worst car brands, Consumer Reports has said, "Hyundai has left its bargain-basement images well in the rear view mirror. The styling and fit-and-finish of many of its vehicles are on the rise, yet they remain the more affordable choices in their respective segment."
Hyundai does go above and beyond for their loyal customers, offering:
- The Hyundai Assurance program, which includes a 5-year/60,000-mile fully transferable new vehicle limited warranty
- A 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain limited warranty and five years of complimentary roadside assistance
- Hyundai Blue Link Connected Care for models equipped with the Blue Link telematics system, with proactive safety and car care services, complimentary for one year with enrollment
- A free rewards program that allows customers to earn points for car care maintenance, everyday online shopping and referring friends and family
It should also be noted that several models produced by Hyundai have won awards from various groups and institutions.
Used Hyundai Vehicles to Consider
If you are looking for an affordable but highly rated used car, you may want to consider buying a Hyundai. The following models are award-winning and can typically be purchased for under $15,000 (in the case of the Accent sometimes well under).
- The 2014 Elantra: Top Safety Pick and 5-Star Overall Crash Safety Rating – National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). This vehicle has been praised for offering lots of legroom and plenty of cargo space. It also has "composed" handling and is relatively easy on gas.
- The 2014 Sonata: 5-Star Overall Crash Safety Rating – National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Most reviewers have noted that the Sonata boasts a very attractive interior. It also has a strong base engine and offers both a comfortable ride and sporty handling.
- The 2013 Accent: 2013 Subcompact Car of the Year – Auto123.com. With sharp steering and good fuel economy, drivers have also been impressed with the Accent's comfortable ride and attractive cabin. And its 47.5 cubic feet of cargo space is more than you will find in most subcompact cars.
- The 2012 Veloster: Best New Design and Best New Sports/Performance Car Under $50,000 – Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC). Do you want a really comfortable ride? Critics have been overwhelmed by the high-quality materials and excellent craftsmanship of the Veloster's cabin.
- The 2012 Tucson: Top Safety Pick – Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). Get onboard with the compact SUV craze with a Tucson. You won't break the bank with this vehicle that offers an attractive, well-equipped interior and good maneuverability.
You may have noticed that Hyundai had a substantial presence during the 2016 Super Bowl. This is because the automaker is an NFL sponsor, and they are quite active in their relationship with the organization. Hyundai seems to have an intuitive grasp of what it means to be passionate about something. They know that people don't just like football, they love football. And they want to inspire drivers to feel the same way about their cars.
And if you are passionate about what you drive, you owe it to yourself to get the right auto insurance coverage. Click here for free quotes and information about the most affordable policies.
Financing for the Brand You Love
Whether you are a Hyundai enthusiast, are mad about Toyotas or have pledged your devotion to Subaru or any other vehicle brand, Auto Credit Express can help you get into your next car. Even if you have bad credit, we can connect you with a dealer in your area who is qualified to work with your situation. Our customers have praised our service for being "fast" and "hassle-free." See how quickly you can get back on the road by filling out our simple and 100% secure online application. The only thing you have to lose is another day without your car.