Not all cars are suitable for large dogs like Great Danes or Huskies – especially when it comes to long road trips. If your furry friend isn’t so little, you may be wondering which used car would be the best option in order to accommodate both your pet and your passengers.
Four Dog-friendly Cars
Finding an affordable used car can be tough, and it’s even tougher when you have to consider your furry friend. The latest and greatest large SUVs and crossovers aren’t always within the average car buyer’s budget, but many older models can still live up to the cargo space and quality that newer models bring to the table.
When considering a used vehicle for you and your big dog, take a look at these four models:
2012 Mazda CX-9
- Average price paid – $11,690 to $14,072
- Cargo space – Up to 100.7 cubic feet
- US News Safety Rating – 8.7 out of 10
- Interior pros – Your dog will be comfortable and have plenty of space in the back and front seat. Back seats come with a reclining seat back – perfect to adjust if your dog is large.
2013 Subaru Forester
- Average price paid – $11,908 to $16,674
- Cargo space – Up to 68.3 cubic feet
- US News Safety Rating – 9 out of 10
- Interior pros – With lots of head room, and an overall cargo capacity of 68.3 cubic feet with the rear seats folded, you won’t have a problem finding space for your large furry friend.
2013 Honda CR-V
- Average price paid – $12,970 to $17,422
- Cargo space – Up to 70.9 cubic feet
- US News Safety Rating – 9.2 out of 10
- Interior pros – If your dog loves the outdoors and can be a little messy, the CR-V’s lower quality interior materials may be better for you if you aren’t as concerned with interior appearance or upkeep.
2012 Toyota 4Runner
- Average price paid – $11,091 to $14,956
- Cargo space – Up to 73 cubic feet
- US News Safety Rating – 8.9 out of 10
- Interior pros – With an ample cargo area, the 2012 4Runner has the most space for its class and can seat seven with an available third row, while making it easy for you to pack things for you and your pet.
Getting a Car to Fit You and Your Dog
If you’re ready to buy a used car for you and your dog, but worry you won’t qualify with bad credit, let Auto Credit Express help. We work with local dealerships that are teamed up with lenders that know how to handle many unique situations. Start the process today by submitting our free and secure auto loan request form online.